Gokyo valley trekking
Gokyo valley trekking is one of the marvelous treks in Everest region. Gokyo valley trek known as a Gokyo trekking also considered a traditional trekking in Everest trails. Gokyo lake trekking explore the beautiful Gokyo valley, gokyo lake,Tibetan sherpa culture, monasteries and Gokyo Ri (5360m)- the best view spot of Everest trekking trails. Trekking in Gokyo valley offer magnificent views of the Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m with 23 snowy capped mountains of Khumbu region. Hiking in Gokyo valley trip through the Sagarmatha National park and best sherpa settlements of Khumbu trekking trails. Gokyo valley trek difficulty level is moderate but trekkers should know details of Gokyo valley hiking information before heading to the relevant areas. Gokyo valley hiking cost is depend on group size but individual person doable this trip as per requirements.
Nepal Gokyo valley package trekking fit for all age group trekkers and achieve the trekking destination with in two weeks holidays. Gokyo trekking is less crowded trekking in Everest region compare the Everest base camp trekking route. Gokyo valley lies in connection with the west of the more famous Khumbu zone . The sunny gokyo valley boasts extensive pastures for yaks to graze during summer and the pristine blue green lakes are really breathtaking Autumn and spring season is best time treks in Gokyo valley but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per trekking choice and requirements. Hiking in Gokyo valley distance 124km from Lukla . Suggested all the travelers do trek through government registered local Nepal trekking companies recommended by Lonely planet Nepal travel guide book for the secured journeys in Himalaya.
Hike in Gokyo valley begins at Lukla Hilaray airport after 35 minutes mountain flight from Kathmandu .Gokyo Ri trekking trail passes through the sherpa settlements with exploration of glaciers, glacial lakes, rhododendron forests, native flora and fauna, magnificent mountains, forest, animal, birds, and monasteries all go to make this region a spectacular destination. Gokyo peak trek package route following up the Dudh Koshi river valley towards Namche, and other main villages of Khumbu, Thame & Khumjung. From Namche Bazaar trekking trail ascending via Mong la hill 3090m than via Dole , Machharemo reach to the Gokyo lake 4750m. Early in the morning Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition trekking guide will take to you the Gokyo Ri /Gokyo peak 5350m for panoramic Himalayan views of the Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Amadablam, Mt. Thamserku and other more mountains than trekking trails descend to Phortse village and trails continue round to Tyangboche Monastery and finally reach the Lukla for other adventure trip or sightseeing in Kathmandu valley.
Gokyo valley trekking package Major highlights
* Gokyo valley package trek is easy moderate treks in Everest region for discover beautiful Gokyo Lake, Gokyo Ri and best mountains vistas of Khumbu trekking trails.
* Nepal Gokyo lake trek package take to you core of Everest trekking path with 4 above 8000m moutains panorama( Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m,Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m )
* Hiking through Sagaramath National park and beautiful sherpa settlements of Khumbu region.
* One of the best views in sloppy sytle of Mt. Everest from Gokyo Ri 5360m.
Fixed Departure Dates
January 2023 : 5th, 8th ,11th, 14th , 18th , 24th ,27th
February 2023 : 3rd ,6th,9th, 12th, 15th, 18th, 24th
March 2023: 2nd, 5th, 9th, 11th, 14th, 18th, 21st, 25th, 27th, 29th
April 2023: 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 16th, 19th, 21st, 24th ,27th, 29th
May 2023:3rd, 5th ,8th,10th, 15th,17th, 20th, 23rd, 26th
June 2023:4th, 7th ,9th,11th, 14th,18th, 20th, 24th, 27th
Gokyo valley trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu (1334m), transfer Hotel, Gokyo valley package trek briefing with officially arrangements.overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast,kathmandu by Flight to Lukla, approximately 35 minutes flight & trek to Phakding (2630m) Walk approximately 2-3 hours.
Day 03: Phakding trek to Namche Bazar (3440m).Walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 04: Namche Bazaar Rest or acclimatization day. During this day you can hike to Thame Monastery or Everest view hotel for superb Himalayan views including Everest,Lhotse,Nuptse,Amadablam, Thamserku, Kantega, Kusum khangaru,Khumbila,Tawache peak,Cholaste, Kongde etc.overnight at Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Namche Bazzar tek to Khumjung (3810m) via Everest view Hotel. Walk approximately 2-3 hours.
Day 06: Khumjung trek to Dole(4000m)Walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 07: Dole trek to Machhermo (4410m) Walk approximately 4-5 hours.
Day 08: Machhermo trek to Gokyo Lake(4750m)Walk approximately 4-5 hours.
Day 09: Early in the morning hike up to Gokyo Ri 5350m for superb Himalayan scenery including Mt. Everest( 8848m) , Mt.Lhotse, (8516n) Mt. Makalu(8463m), Mt.Pumori (7161m),Mt.Mt.Cho Oyu (8201m), Mt.Amadablam (6856m), Mt. Thamserku ( 6723m) , Mt. Kantega (6979m), Mt. Kusum Khangaru ( 6367m) , Mt.Kongde (6011m), Mt. Tawache peak ( 6367 m) , Mt. Cholaste (6335m), back to Gokyo lake, breakfast at Gokyo lake , continue trek to Na 4150m. overnight at Na. Walk approximately 4-5 hours.
Day 10: Na trek to Phortse village. (3820m)Walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 11: Phortse village trek to Tyangboche (3880m)Walk approximately 4-5 hours.
Day 12: Tyangboche trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m)Walk approximately 4-5 hours.
Day 13: Namche bazaar trek to Lukla (28300m)Walk approximately 6-7 hours.
Day 14: Lukla by flight back to Kathmandu. Approximately 35 minutes from Lukla to kathmandu. overnight at hotel.
Day 15: After breakfast , our tour guide will take to you sightseeing such as :Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc. transfer to hotel and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant . Overnight at Kathmandu .
Day 16: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Gokyo valley trekking Cost: USD $1595 Per person
[[email protected]] , [email protected]
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Lukla /Lukla to Kathmandu both way flight ticket (both way flight cost per person $ 380)
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Sagarmatha National park permit
- Kathmandu Domestic airport pick up as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Gokyo valley Treks Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Gokyo valley trekking is most popular trekking destination in Everest region trekking trails with unique Himalayan views of whole khumbu region, beautiful gokyo lake and gokyo valley. Gokyo peak trekking take travelers beautiful valley & lake.