Kanchenjunga circuit trekking
Kanchenjunga circuit trekking is one of the challenging trekking in Kanchenjunga region. Kanchenjunga circuit trek is exciting adventurous trekking package in Nepal with exploration of third highest mountain in the world. Kanchenjunga hiking through Kanchenjunga conservation area Project (KCAP) with geographical remoteness indigenous valleys. Kanchenjunga circuit trek known as Kanchenjunga base camp trek include the Pangpema base camp and Oktang base camp. Trekking in Kanchenjunga circuit offer beautiful Himalayan views of Mt. Kanchenjunga 8586 Mt. Lhotse 8516, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Jhanu Himal , Nepal peak, Tibetan monasteries, mixed culture with rhododendrons forest. Kanchenjunga means five treasures of the great snow which is in reference to the five summits that make up Kanchenjunga trekking become more popular.
Kanchenjunga circuit trekking tour is longest adventure trekking in Nepal to discover the wilderness and beautiful area of Nepal’s eastern regions Himalayas. Autumn and spring season is best time treks in Kanchenjunga circuit. Trekking in Kanchenjunga base camp categorized as control / restricted trekking trails of Nepal and minimum two person participant required to obtain the special Kanchenjunga trekking permit through the government registered Nepal trekking companies. Minimum three weeks holidays required to do the both Kanchenjunga base camp trekking with best mountains vistas of whole Kanchenjunga trekking trails. Kanchenjunga trek trails is less crowded trekking route comparing other trekking destination such as Everest , Annapurna and langtang region.
Kanchenjunga circuit trek commence at Basantapur after 6-7 hours drive from Dharan. Minimum two days required for overland transportation from Kathmandu . Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s guide led you through beautiful village of Chauki Bhanjyang Dovan sekathum Amjelasa Gyapla Gunsa Lhonak and finally reach at Kanchenjunga pangpema base camp ( southern base camp) then trail return to the Gunsa village & heading through sele le pass / Mirgin la pass 4674m to Kanchenjunga Oktang base camp ( northern base camp).Trail continue descend via Andaphedi Yamphudin Lali kharka Phuphe danda & finally reach at Suketar then by bus or by flight back to Kathmandu.
Major highlights of Kanchenjunga circuit trekking
* Kanchenjunga circuit trekking explore the wilderness and remoteness of eastern region Himalayan.
* Kanchenjunga circuit trek is less crowded trekking route of Nepal with best views of Mt. Kanchenjunga 8586m, Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Mt. Lhotse 8516m, Jhanu Himal, Nepal peak, Bokta peak and Tibetan Himalayan range.
* Hiking through Kanchenjunga conservation area project with exploration of indigenous valley and assemble with the great Himalayan trails.
* Kanchenjunga circuit treks discover both Kanchenjunga base camp ( Kanchenjunga Oktang and pangpema base camp) through the green forest and rocky mountains hills.
Related trip information about Kanchenjunga circuit trekking
How difficult is Kanchenjunga circuit trek ?
Kanchenjunga circuit trek is challenging and exciting trekking tour in Kanchenjunga. Good physical is required for the trip. Kanchenjunga base camp trek gradually ascend from low level elevation from Basantapur 2234m so trekkers continuation doable this trip without any difficulties.
When is the best time to do the Kanchenjunga base camp trek ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do Kanchejunga base camp trek but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is too cold and temperature almost minus
How many hours need to walk each day?
Minimum 5-6 hours need to walk each day except the Selele la pass 5167m (8-9 hours) but it is depend on the your speed but HJT team always suggest walk slow but continuation that make sense to reach the Kanchenjunga circuit treks destination . Kanchenjunga circuit trek map has also clear vision one to next destination.
Kanchenjunga circuit trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will transfer to hotel , Kanchenjunga circuit trekking briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, Himalaya Journey tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the best Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and prepare for the Kanchenjunga trekking because this day is required to make Kanchenjunga trekking permit with original passport. Overnight at kathmandu.
Day 03: Kathmandu drive bus to Dharan Bazaar 1540m.Drive approximately 6-7 hours
Day 04: Dharan Bazaar drive bus to Basantpur 2200m .Drive approximately 6-7 hours
Day 05: Basantapur Trek to Gupha pokhari 1876m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Gupha Pokhari trek to Dobhan 1567m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Dobhan trek to Chhirwa 1190m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 08: Chhirwa trek to Sekathum 1640m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 09: Sekathum trek to Amjilessa 2490m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 10: Amjilessa trek to Gyapla /Kyapra 2730m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 11: Gyapla /Kypra trek to Gunsa village 3430m . walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 12: Acclimatization or rest day in Gunsa village. During this day you can hike up to the selele pass base camp.
Day 13: Gunsa trek to Lhonak 4790m. walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 14: Lhonak trek to Pang pema 5140m. (northern Base Camp) walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 15: Pang Pema trek to Lhonak 4790m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 16: Lhonak trek to Gunsa 3430m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 17: Gunsa trek to Sinion/ selele Phedi 3546m . walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 18: Sinion /selele phedi via Selele pass 4854m trek to Tseram 3870m walk approximately 6-7 hours
Day 19: Tseram trek to Kanchenjunga Oktang Base camp back to Ramche 4620m . walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 20: Ramche trek to Torontan 3256m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 21: Torontan Trek to Yamphudin 1810m . walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 22: Yamphudin trek to Kande Bhanjang 2134m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 23: Kande Bhanjang trek Lali Kharka 2213m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 24: Lali Kharka trek to Suketar / Taplejung Bazaar 1824m. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 25: Taplejung Bazaar drive to Ilam Bazaar 1667m. Drive approximately 5-6 hours
Day 26: Ilam Bazaar drive to Kathmandu. Drive approximately 6-7 hours.
Day 27: After breakfast, Relaxing or shopping with own activities than in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel
Day 28: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Kathmandu Dharan Bazaar overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- Dharan Bazaar to Basantapur overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking accomodation in tea house / Lodge entire the trekking tour
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Kanchenjunga trekking permit
- Kanchennjunga conservation area project permit (KCAP permit)
- Taplejung Ilam bazaar overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- Ilam bazaar to Kathmandu overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with tour guide as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Kanchenjunga circuit trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Kanchenjunga circuit trekking is one of the most popular trekking route in Kanchenjunga region. Kanchenjunga circuit trek known as Kanchenjunga base camp trek include both Pangpema base camp & Oktang base camp. Kanchenjunga trek offer beautiful Himalayan views of Mt. Kanchenjunga 8586m, Mt. Lhotse 8516, Mt. Makalu 8463m, Jhanu Himal , Nepal peak, Tibetan monasteries, mixed culture with rhododendrons forest.