Markha valley Rupshu trekking
Markha valley Rupshu trekking is most popular trekking in India. India Markha valley Rupshu trek offer beautiful Himalayan views of Indian Himalaya, beautiful landscape, lush valley, temples & monasteries. India Markha valley trekking lies between Zanskar & Tibetan border with a large diversity of landscapes, from the jagged Dungdungchen La (4700 m) to the green oasis of the Markha valley. The scenery becomes more and more desert like as we go south to the Rupshu. This high altitude cold desert is the western extension of the Tibetan Plateau.
India Markha valley trekking is marvelous trekking destination for both culture & nature lovers. Autumn & spring season is best time trekking in Markha valley but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per travelers wish and holiday frame with customized service. Minimum two weeks holidays required for India Markha valley Rupshu trekking & good physical fitness is most important to reach the destination. Trekking in Markha valley Rupshu area is land of monasteries and high passes, dissected by numerous mountain ridges and traversed by a number of ancient trading routes. Since Markha valley Rupshu trekking trail has been opened, we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange numerous groups in relevant areas with amazing life time experience.
Markha valley Rupshu trekking itinerary :
Day 01: Arrival in Delhi India From home country or Nepal and fly to Leh, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s airport representative will transfer to Hotel, Markha valley and Rupshu trekking briefing with officially arrangements. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Visit Leh
A whole day at leisure in Leh. You can visit some of the most famous and oldest monasteries of Ladakh (15th and 17th century), Thikse, Shey and Hemis and take a walk to the colorful bazaar. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: Leh - Spitok - Zinchen (3200 m) in 4 h.
Morning a short drive to Spituk, trek point where the mules will be waiting. After loading the mules begin a short and easy trek to Zinchen.
Day 04: Zinchen -Yurutse (3844 m) in 5 h.
Today again, an easy ascent to hamlet of Yurutse.
Day 05: Yurutse - Ganda La (4900 m) - Skiu (3510 m) in 6/7 h.
A moderate three hours climb up to Gandala pass. Then long descent to Skiu.
Day 06: Skiu - Markha (3850 m) in 7 h.
The trail joins the Markha River and will follow it for a few days. Today the trek is quite easy but numerous times, we will need to cross the river from left to right and back, this depending on the season and weather conditions. We will visit the Makha monastery and fort.
Day 07: Markha - Hankar (4000 m) in 4 h.
Many monasteries are spread along our route today. After the Umlung monastery, the valley narrows and we stop to camp at the foot of Kang Yaste (6400 m).
Day 08: Hankar - Langtang Chu (4250 m) in 6 h.
Soon after Hankar we leave the Marka valley behind us and take south along the Langtang Chu river.
Day 09: Langtang Chu - Yakrupal (4700 m) in 4 h.
We climb up the large valley, and after crossing a stream follow on along a morainic wall.
Day 10: Yakrupal - Zalung Karpo La (5200 m) - Sorra (4200 m) in 5 h.
We carry on upwards until the valley divides and take right. From the pass, we follow a ridge trail leading to another pass, then plunge into the valley
Day 11: Sorra - Dat (4200 m) in 5 h.
We follow gorgeous woody gorges until they widen into a valley. Manis and shortens are spread on the trail leading Sara and Dat rivers. Dat is a green village, where cultivation and vegetation takes every fragment of land.
Day 12: Dat - Yar La (5000 m) - Lungmo Che (4010 m) in 6 h.
An easy climb takes us to the pass, where we enjoy a dramatic vista over the Rupshu. Sometimes some "Khyangs", wild donkeys, go up to the caravans, frightening our ponies.
Day 13: Lungmo Che - Sangtha (4200 m) in 3 h.
Then transfer by jeep to Sarchu. The landscape completely changes into a vast arid plain. Tibetan nomads mainly populate the area. The road to Sarchu winds its way up to the Lachlung La pass (5060 m).
Day 14: Sarchu - Manali (2000 m) by jeep.
This journey is rewarded by magnificent landscapes. The road goes through amazing switch back roads, pass the blue Suraj Tal lake to Darcha and pass through Rohtang Pass (3954m) the last pass of this journey. The landscape is breathtaking. Rohtang Pass is a very wide pass, and is one of the most beautiful passes in the Pir Panjal. The view on both sides is exhilarating.
Day 15: Manali - Delhi (Private vehicle).
Optionally an extra day in Manali can be organized for rest and sightseeing (Old Manali, Hadimba temple and Vashisht village). Surrounded by snowy mountain peaks, Manali is also known as "Queen of Mountains". It is a gloriously colorful market place for the surrounding villages.
Day 16: After breakfast, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s airport representative will drop to you Delhi airport to fly Nepal and for onward destination.
Trip Cost: email@example.com
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Delhi international airport drop to catch the Delhi Leh flight as mentioned in itinerary
- Delhi Leh flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Hotel accommodation during Markha valley Rupshu trekking on BB basis on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder tour Guide.
- Required trekking porter for Markha valley Rupshu trekking as mentioned in itinerary
- Three time meal during the Markha valley Rupshu trekking as mentioned in itinerary
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Delhi Flight .
- Markha valley Rupshu trekking with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Markha valley Rupshu trekking trip with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Leh Delhi flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Historical sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Guide and Driver fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Delhi International Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during the Delhi & Leh
- International flight ticket
- High risk medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.