Mustang luxury trekking
Mustang luxury trekking is one of the most thrilling adventure trekking in Nepal. Luxury Mustang trekking explore the Trans-Himalayan Mustang Region , visit the Last Forbidden Kingdom, untouched Tibetan culture, ancient cave, historic old monasteries, archaeological sites, natural beauty and geographical diversity of Nepal. Mustang luxury trek is suitable for all level of travelers including seniors, family with kids and group of friends as it has no more then 3750m as well as not any notable technical difficulty like Himalayan high passes treks in Nepal. Nepal Mustang trek is tally as controlled trekking destination and opened for trekkers in 1992. Luxury Mustang trek classify in two different route – lower luxury Mustang trek and upper Mustang luxury treks so travelers may join for both options as per your holiday frame.
Mustang trekking has no any vegetation in the entire region thus called the “Desert land of Nepal” and the landscape is barren and mostly has rocky cliffs and deep canyons. special Mustang trekking permit is essential & issue only through the registered local Nepal trekking companies Kathmandu. luxury trekking in Mustang permit cost USD 500 per person for 10 days and extended each day cost USD 50 per head. Nepal Mustang trek doable whole year . Spring and Autumn from March to May and September to November, are the best months for the luxury treks in Mustang. However, winter's less snowfall and summer's less rainfall make it achievable whole year as per travelers holiday schedule. Luxury Upper Mustang hiking itinerary series from a minimum of 8 days to a maximum of 14 days begins from Kathmandu.
During the upper Mustang luxury trekking, we Himalaya Journey team always use best available comfortable lodges with hot shower, attached bath room up to Lo manthang then by Helicopter back to back to Kathmandu. Hiking in upper Mustang explore the Annapurna trekking destination as well as assemble the famous Annapurna circuit trekking trails too including best Himalayan scenery of Mt. Dhaulagiri 8167 m, Mt. Annapurna I. 8091m, Nilgiri 7041m & 16 trekking peaks of Annapurna region. Luxury Mustang package trek cost is depend on group size but minimum two people essential to obtain the special Mustang trek permit. At least two hours required for apply and get the Mustang luxury lodge trekking permit from official time 10:00 am to 3:00pm so might be the best option to choose the morning arrival time in Nepal to get the permit on same day.
Mustang luxury pacakge trip begins from Jomsom , after 15 minutes scenic mountain flight from pokhara. After short refreshment at Jomsom airport, Himalaya Journey Trek guide will take short trek to Kagbeni – the entry point of Mustang trekking tour, walk approximately 3-4 hours . Next morning, just check the upper Mustang trekking permit at Kagbeni check post then trail continue ascend via Chaile, Syangboche, Ghami , Tsarang / charang finally reach at the Lo Manthang. You will have one more day acclimatization for discover the Mustangi king palace, ancient monasteries, cave and short drive to Mustang china border. You will have really great glance of Mustang Lo manthang and next morning by Helicopter take to Kathmandu but if travelers wish to stay in pokhara also possible to extend their journeys for Chitwan Jungle safari tour .
luxury Mustang trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Greet in Kathmandu (1334m / 43488ft) Overnight in Marriot hotel Kathmandu
Arrival at TIA ( Tribhuwan International Airport), in Kathmandu. A traditional warm welcome by our Himalaya Journey Trekking representative. Escort to hotel, welcome drink and short briefing about Luxury Mustang trekking . Overnight in Marriot hotel Kathmandu
Day 02: Fly to Pokhara and Fishtail lodge Pokhara (915m/ 2982ft)
Our guide will take to you Kathmandu domestic airport to catch the flight to pokhara . Kathmandu pokhara flight duration 45 minutes and from Pokhara airport drive to Nayapul (900m) . It take one hour 30 minutes. You will have time for sightseeing in pokhara valley or boating at phewa lake pokhara. You will see panoramic Himalayan views of Annapurna trekking destination. Overnight at Fishtail lodge or Temple tree resort pokhara.
Day 03: Pokhara Jomsom flight (2636m/ 8593ft) trek to Kagbeni 2803m /9137ft)
Pokhara Jomsom flight will start early morning because of the jomsom airport is located at mountain zone of Nepal and mostly windy after 10:00am. After 15 minutes scenic mountain flight from pokhara, our guide lead your adventure trekking through the Kaligandaki valley via Eklebhatti where you will have lunch and explore the desert valley with black fossils / saligrams. After lunch flat valley hike to Kagbeni . Kagbeni is gate way of upper Mustang trekking . walk approximately 3-4 hours.
Day 04:Kagbeni trek to Chele 3,050m/10,007ft
Trekkers Mustang trek permits checked and begin our trek on a trail alongside the Kali Gandaki River. Hiking through on sand amidst strong winds before ascending on a hill. We reach the Tangbe Village and admire its narrow alleyways, white-washed houses, barley and buckwheat fields, and apple orchards. We continue our walk and pass another village and cross a river on our way. Next, we walk on a ridge before reaching Chele Village. Overnight in Chele. walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 05: Chaile to Syangboche 3475m/11401ft
After breakfast , trek goes along a steep barren land, alongside the copper-red canyon. You will make a gradual descent to some Chortens on a ridge, and after hiking downhill for some more time you will reach the beautiful village of Samar. From there, you will climb a ridge and descend into a giant gorge. You will keep trekking through another valley and cross a stream and before we will climb up a ridge which lies at 3,800m. We will climb yet another pass, go through another ridge before we can finally descend to Syangbochen. Walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 06: Syangboche trek to Ghami (3,520m/11,546ft)
Today you will hike through the fantastic nomad lands.The stretch of the walk today has another high pass for us to cross the Yamda La at the elevation of 3,850 meters and Nyi La at the elevation of 4,010 meters above sea level on our trek to Ghami today. These two passes bring some spectacular views of the mountains and a uniquely different landscape. We walk up and down the passes and eventually reach Ghami village Ghami village is will shows the fascinating culture and surrounding to explore and enjoy. walk approximately 6 hours.
Day 07: Ghami to Tsarang (3,620m/11,873ft)
Today begins with a descent through a rough and slippery trail. Crossing a suspension bridge over the Ghami Khola, we will begin ascending down towards Tsarang. The pathway is beautiful with Mani walls along the trail. Next, we will cross the Tsarang La Pass at 3870 meters and reach the Tsarang village. The village lies atop the Charang Chu canyon with a huge fortress and a red gompa towards its east. Walk approximately 5-6 hours.
Day 08: Tsarang trek to Lo-Manthang (3730m/12234ft)
Trail continue descend around 125 meters from Charang, then cross the Tsarang Chu. After crossing the Tsarang Chu, trail leads us to the track full of stones lying just opposite the village at 3580m entering the Tholung Village. Then the trail further ascends to the windy pass of Lo (3850m) and from there you will get the first glimpse of the walled city Lo-Manthang at 3700m. A short descent from there leads to the plain of aspiration and then the trail crosses a stream and climbs up onto the plateau of Lo-Manthang. Walk approximately 3-4 hours
Day 09: Mustang Lo Manthang exploration day
Lo Manthang the capital city of Mustang .You will find a king and queen residing in the palace in the kingdom of Lo . This section of Lo is highly isolated. Today, you will visit a four-story palace where some royal families reside even today. You will explore ancient monasteries , Gompa , caves and if time applicable you may drive to Mustang China border with exciting nomad lands of Mustang region. Then we drive to the Jmapa monastery. It is the oldest monastery in the region that dates back to the 15th century. Other places of attraction in the city area are Thubchen gompa, Chodey gompa, etc. overnight at Lo Manthnang.
Day 10: Mustang Lo Manthang by Helicopter return to Kathmandu .
After breakfast, you will return by Helicopter to Kathmandu. You will see fantastic Himalaya views of the Dhaulagiri , Annapurna I, Annapurna south, Annapurna II,III,IV,V, Fishtail , Nilgiri, Lamjung Himal, Ganesh Himal and Langtang Himalayan range. Mustang Lo manthang helicopter duration just 3-4 hours, transfer to hotel, relaxing or shopping with your own activities. Overnight at Marriot hotel Kathmandu.
Day 11: Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour
After breakfast, Himalaya Journey tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath temple: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of Kathmandu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at Hotel Marriot Kathmandu
Day 12: onward destination
After breakfast, shopping or relaxing with own activities then three hours before your international flight , Himalaya Journey Trekking representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time will arrange any package trip on your request.
Mustang luxury trekking cost
firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 5 star category hotel - Hotel Marriot Kathmandu / Hotel Hyatt Regency Kathmandu ) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by private car/van/ Minibus / Bus to catch Kathmandu Pokhara Kathmandu Flight .
- Kathmandu to Pokhara flight ticket (one way flight cost per person $ 145)
- Two night accommodation in Pokhara on BB basis ( 5 star category hotel - Fishtail lodge pokhara ) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking guide both way flgiht ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- trekking accomodation in best available at Mustang trekking destination - Jomsom mountain Resort, best available resrot or trekking lodge during luxury Mustang treking
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- hot drinks such as Tea, coffee, Chocolate, hot water
- Hot shawor durng the Annapurna luxury trek as mentioned in itinerary
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Special Mustang trekking permit
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Annapurna conservation area project ( ACAP) permit
- Mustang Lo Manthang to Kathmandu by helicopter as mentioned in itineary
- Kathmandu valley tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley guided sightseeing tour as mentioned in itinerary
- kathmandu tour sightseeing entry fee
- Pokhara Kathmandu flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu & Pokhara stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
luxury Mustang Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.