Mustang trekking is breathtaking adventure trekking tour in Nepal lies in between Dhaualgiri and Annapurna trekking trails. Nepal Mustang trek bond with upper mustang trekking route an amazing experience of the last forbidden kingdom of Nepal. Nepal Mustang trekking is restricted trekking destination and opened in 1992 for travelers. Trekking in Mustang offer beautiful Himalayan views of Annapurna circuit trekking route, nomad lands, world's oldest Monasteries. Treks in Mustang offer lifetime amazing journeys to explore the natural beauties and substantially high passes (nothing over 4200 meters) and doable all season even appropriate for monsoon season in Nepal because of the rain shadow trekking zone. Mustnag trekking map has clearly mentioned restricted trekking zone and other normal trekking route of Annapurna , Dhaualgiri Himalayan range. Mustang hiking distance approximately 135km from Jomsom to Jomsom but HJT will arrange personalized trekking service as per required.
Special Mustang trekking permit issue through the local government registered Nepal trekking Agency and minimum two person trekkers necessary it means individually unable to do trek in Mustang regon as per Nepal government rule and regulation. Mustang trekking permit cost USD 500 per person for 10 days but trekkers may join upper Mustang trekking with extended permit . Mustang trekking tour is amazing lifetime adventure in Nepal for those nature & mountain lovers including to see the Mustangi king & Gompas in the cave. Minimum two weeks holidays required for Mustang hiking but if you prefer Mustang jeep safari tour doable with in one week. Mustang trekking cost is depend on the group size but definately group join basis trip also available with timely applicable. Mustang hiking approximately 129 kilometers from Jomsom to jomsom as below mentioned in itinerary.
Nepal Mustang trek commence, After flight from pokhara to Jomsom or Nayapul after an hour drive from pokhara . Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's trekking guide led you through the beautiful valley of Kagbeni, Chele , Geiling, Tsarang and finally reached at Lo -Manthang ( one of the beautiful place of Mustang trekking ). Nepal Mustang trekking across passes of up to 4100m, we will also be walking through a succession of picturesque white painted Mustang villages and Tibetan monasteries, set against a backdrop of the distant snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas . Monsoon season ( May , June , July & August) best month trekking in Mustang but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per travelers holiday frame with customized / personalized trekking service .
Since Nepal Upper Mustang trekking trail has been open Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition operate numerous trekking groups in relevant areas with life time Nepal Himalayas experience ! we have different options Mustang trekking itinerary but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange personalized / customized or tailor made trip service as per travelers wish and holiday frame.Also we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange Mustang Jeep drive tour for adventure travelers who has limit time to visit in Mustang.
Mustang trekking Major Highlights
*Mustang trekking - an exploration of the Last forbidden kingdom of Nepal
* Open for trekkers in 1992 and trek through breathtaking kali gandaki valley
* Exploration of Annapurna trekking trails with natural hot spring, world deepest kali gandaki gandaki gorge, beautiful apple garden of Nepal
* you will click 360 degree panoramic Himalayan views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalayan region
* Exploration of trans Himalayan zone & nomad land of Mustang Lo Manthang
* Exploration of world’s oldest Gompa & Muktinath temple/ salvation temple in same trip
Related trip information about Mustang trekking
Prior experience necessary for this trekking?
Mustang trek is easy moderate trek in Mustang region .Average level of physical fitness is required. No prior experience of trekking / hiking is required but good physical fitness and hiking experience is essential. Anyone with an average level of physicality can do this trek. We Himalaya Journey Trekking always lay out safety, comfort and good health of the trekkers. Our packages are professionally generated to ensure a safe trek focusing on acclimatization and stability.
When is the best time to do the trekking in Mustang ?
Autumn (From mid-September to November and Spring (March to May) are the best time to do Mustang trekking tour but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange around the year as per your holiday frame .. June to August (monsoon) is the rainy months and Himalayan views may not clear and trekking trails are slippery . Winter season (December – February) is too cold and temperature almost minus but Mustang trekking doable as it has no high passes trail
How to get special mustang trekking permit?
Minimum two person/ people obligatory to get special mustang trekking permit through the local Nepal trekking companies .Mustang trekking permit cost USD 500 per person for minimum 10 days and if you wish to extend the trekking in Mustang cost will add each day USD 50 per person each day. You need other two different trekking permit – Annapurna conservation area project (ACAP permit), TIMS permit too.
What about accommodations and meals during the Mustang trekking?
Good tea house / lodge facilities while trekking in Mustang. Just normal hotel and almost hotel has common bathroom / toilet but some places has attach bathroom / toilet too. Trekkers will get all type of meals choose able from menu.
What about Nepal Mustang trekking cost?
Mustang trekking cost is depend on trekking company category and service it means different Nepal trekking companies proffer different cost. We suggest / recommend to do the Nepal Mustang trekking with fully legal local Nepal trekking agency that make your holidays secured it means beware from semi legal, illegal or freelancer Nepal trekking operator.
Do you need trekking guide for Nepal mustang trek?
Highly recommended / suggest to have professional Nepal trekking guide because of for secure treks in Mustang , to explain about the mountains and local culture, no obstacle during the trekking even incase of snowfall in the trekking path, good take care of you if incase of suffer by high altitude sickness.
Could you do Nepal mustang trek without Nepal trekking agency?
It is impossible to do Nepal mustang trek without Nepal trekking agency because of need special trekking permit through the government registered Nepal trek company. Minimum 2 hours required to obtain Nepal Mustang trekking permit from department of immigration Nepal.
How to find the best and reliable Nepal trekking companies for treks in Mustang ?
It is hard to find the best and reliable Nepal trekking companies for treks in Mustang if you just surfing via google or internet so trekkers should know Nepal trekking company legal documents, service, reputation, either recommended in international travel guide book such as Lonely planet guide book, Rough guide travel book etc sometime free lance trekking guide, operator or illegal Nepal trekking agency also show up their website and sale the trekking it means beware from illegal operation that make your holiday hazards.
Mustang trekking itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition’s representative will transfer to hotel , Mustang trekking / Trekking in Mustang briefing with officially arrangements. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast, our tour guide will take to for historical monuments sightseeing in Kathmandu valley such as Visit Boudhhanath : Bodhnath Stupa, one of the best Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel.and prepare for the Mustang trekking because this day is required to make special Mustang trekking permit with original passport. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara 915m. by tourist bus or by flight. overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 04: Pokhra to Jomsom 2720m,by flight and trek to Kagbeni 2810m. walk approximately 4-5 hours .
Day 05: Kagbeni trek to Chele 3050m.walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 06: Chele trek to Geling 3500m.walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 07: Geling trek to Tsarang/Chharang 3620m.walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 08: Tsarang/Chharang trek to Lo Manthang 3840m .walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 09: Acclimataization or Rest day in Lo-Manthang. During this, you can make sightseeing or excursion tour around Mustang King palace and monasteries.
Day 10: Lo Manthang trek to Ghami 3545m. via Gekar.walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 11: Ghami trek to Samar 3356m . walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 12: Samar trek to Kagbeni .walk approximately 5-6 hours
Day 13: Kagbeni trek to Jomsom.walk approximately 4-5 hours.
Day 14: After breakfast Jomsom to Pokhara by flight than by bus/private vehicle or by flight back to Kathmandu.overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 15: After breakfast, Relaxing or shopping with own activities than in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese Restaurant, overnight at kathmandu in Hotel .
Day 16: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Mustang trekking Cost:
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Kathmandu to pokhara overland transportation by tourist bus as mentioned in itinreary
- Tourist bus station to Pokhara hotel transfer by private vehicle as mentioed in itinerary
- Two night hotel accomodation in Pokhara on BB basis ( two star catagory hotel ) as mentioned in itinerary
- Pokhara hotel to domestic airport drop by private vehicle as mentioed in itinerary
- Pokhara jomsom Pokhara flight ticket as metioed in itinerary
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / Lodge entire the upper mustang trekking as mentined in itinerary
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Upper mustang trekking permit (USD500)
- Annapurna conservation area project permit (ACAP permit)
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Pokhara Kathmandu overland transportation by tourist bus as mentioned in itinerary
- guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valey sightseeing tour with private vehilce as menioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Trekking guide both way flight ticket
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Mustang Trekking Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Mustang trekking is known as Upper Mustang trekking controlled trekking zone & the last forbidden kingdom of Nepal . Mustang trekking is moderate trekking destination required minimum two person participant to obtain Mustang trekking permit through government registered Nepal trekking agency can do with in two weeks offer beautiful Himalayan views, beautiful landscape like in Tibet, Monasteries.