Tamur River Rafting
Tamur River rafting one of the finest rivers combined with three days trek offers spectacular views of Himalayan, landscape, beautiful scenery of mother nature and a unique chance to mix with the local people and get an insight into their livelihood and culture with an exhilarating river expedition. Fly to Biratnagar either drive to Basantapur. The trip starts in Dovan and ending at Chatra. Some people prefer rafting on the river on the way back from Kanchanjunga trek Tamur Rafting is powerful and impressive river is the sixth largest in Nepal. The scenery witnessed during the trek through the little known eastern part of Nepal to the put in point is as awesome as the river itself. The sides of the valley are wooded, with only a few villages and very little agriculture glimpsed throughout the trip. There are excellent beaches for camping and plenty of wildlife. Rafting in Tamur river is life time memorable journey of Nepal white river rafting
Tamur River rafting itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival at Himalaya Journey Trekking officer for Tamur river rafting briefing with officially arrangments. overnight at kathmandu.
Day 02: Fly to Biratnagar and then to Basantapur by land transport, which is the real starting point for your trekking trip
Day 03 - 06: Trekking 4 days to Dovan via Gupha Pokhari We start our four-day treks into the heart of eastern Nepal and will stop for lunch and relax and enjoy the views and culture of local village life. Trek up over the Milke Danda via Gupha Pokhari to Dovan from where we will start our rafting trip. This route has spectacular mountain views of Mount Everest, Makalu and Kanchenjunga. Porters will be carrying the main loads (including kayaks and rafts!) We make camp.
Day 07: The white water action begins from Dovan Your expedition leader and your raft guide will give you a detailed safety briefing. Then for the rest of the day (apart from the lunch break of course) you are in a turquoise blue class 4 white water paradises Camp
Day 08: This is the type of day that people imagine when they think of Himalayan water. It is big and continuous. We enter into the Jungle Corridor. This is a narrowing jungle clad gorge and it is all ours. The team building is put into full practice and when your guide shouts "all forward " he really means it. Enjoy the ride all day and camp in this sensational setting at God-house.
Day 09: More of the same including the notorious GOD'S house rapid. Camp at the Seti Dovan and relax.
Day 10: It isn't over yet! Keep paddling hard! You really are experiencing the best of the west on yet another day of great action and breath taking scenery and camping at Jamuna village
Day 11: Starting and ending point for the day is not mention because of this is one of the remote area for the white water rafting. This is grade 2 - 4 the whole day passing through villages and spotting wildlife particular to this area.
Day 12: Places are not mention because of this is one of the remote areas for the White water rafting. Time to have a break. We have given you a rest day to enjoy the beach life, or go for a day trek to the local villages they are always so welcoming and inspiring with their unending supply of enthusiasm and smiles.
Day 13: Starting and ending point for the day is not mention because of this is one of the remote area for the white water rafting. The action continues as you tackle more class 2-4 rapids all the way.
Day 14: Rai Ghat to Bander Ghat rafting approx. 6 hours. Hold tight, the ride is not over yet.as past the point of Sap Su Khola is a rapid with the greatest drop Huge 'holes', 'eddies' and churning 'stopper waves' demands team work and hard paddle.
Day 15: Bander Ghat to Bonjur Ghat rafting aprox. 6 hours. We take to the rapids again, busy all morning earnestly thanking for the lunch break, emerging from the Mardheku gorge the river spreads wide, less agitated after its confinement between steep cliffs and gorges.
Day 16: Bonjur Ghat to Barahchhatra rafting aprox. 6 hours. Today the whole stretch is a mixture of fun filled rapids and calm undulating floats, you are somewhat relived, yet sad that the trip is coming to an end, all good things ultimately does.
Day 17: Starting and ending point for the day is not mention because of this is one of the remote area for the white water rafting. Relax and enjoy a mellow day on the river as you float through the day with the occasional "all forward call" to bring you back into action. You need to relax so you are ready for tomorrow!
Day 18: Final day, raft take out in Chatara and transfer to Biratnagar for flight to Kathmandu or go for the safari trip either in Koshi Tappu or in Chitwan National park or drive back to Kathmandu. There could not be a better way to end an expedition like this other than on continuous class 4 for half a day. Perfect action on a perfect river. We end the journey in Chatara.
Trip Cost: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathmandu Biratnagar flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Biratnagar to Basantapur overland transportation by private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- Tamur River rafting Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary Staffs (Rafting Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Deluxe Tent accommodation in River Fun Beach Resort with camp fire
- Safety Kayak
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
- Chatara to Biratnagar overland transportaton by private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Biratnagar Kathmandu flight ticket as mentioned in itinerary
- Himalaya Journey Trekking Company T-Shirt
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Guide and cook)
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Hotel accomodation ,Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Nepal Rafting Equipments
- Rafting Bag pack.
- T-shirt swim
- wear for on the river Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Personal medication
- Flashlight Footwear
- Reading book
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River)
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass Water bottle. Sleeping bag.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Tamur River rafting one of the finest rivers combined with three days trek offers spectacular views of Himalayan, landscape, beautiful scenery of mother nature and a unique chance to mix with the local people and get an insight into their livelihood and culture with an exhilarating river expedition.