Langtang Gosainkunda trek
Langtang Gosaikunda trek is one of the most exciting adventure trekking in Langtang region. Langtang Gosaikunda trekking explore the Tamang villages & Holy Gosaikunda Lake. Trekking in Langtang Gosaikunda take travelers world's most beautiful Langtang valley and panoramic Himalayan views of the Langtang lirung 7245m, Ganesh Himal 7406m, Naya khanga 5846m , Dorje lakpa 6988m, Gauri shanker 7145m, Gangchenpo 6387 m, yala paek 5500m and to see glaciers at a comfortably low elevation. Tseku Ri 5984m and Lauri Binaya 4123m is the one of the panoramic view point of the Nepal Langtang gosaikunda trek. Langtang gosainkunda trek distance 143 km from Syabrubensi . Himalaya Journey Trekking create Langtang Gosainkunda trek itinerary as below mentioned but trip itinerary may change or extend as per traveler's holiday frame.
Langtang valley Gosainkunda trekking take to travelers heart of the Langtang trekking destination through semi-tropical forests where moss covers the ground and lush fern and orchids cling to tree trunks. March , April , September, October & November are best month for Langtang Holy Gosainkunda trek. Minimum two weeks holidays required to do this trekking but HJT team will arrange treks in Langtang Gosaikunda as per trekkers wish and holiday frame. Langtang valley gosainkunda trek map has clearly described about relevant areas. Langtang Gosaikunda trek difficulty level is moderate strenuous thus trekkers should know details of Langtang Gosaikunda trek information before heading to the relevant areas. Nepal Langtang Gosaikunda trek cost is depend on group size and choice of packages.
Langtang gosaikunda trekking trails starts either from Dhunche or Syabrubesi, which is a full day drive away from Kathmandu via Trisuli. Langtang gosainkun trail passes through the thickly forested area of blue pine, oaks, maple, spruce and rhododendron (one fourth of the park is forest). The trail follows the Langtang Khola river bank until Kyangjin gompa. At Kyangin gompa there are various options for short excursions; Kyangjin Ri (4,773m) is two hour up and an hour down, Tseku ri 5184m is 5-6 hours and it offers spectacular views of the surrounding Himalayas. Suggested all the travelers do Langtang Gosaikunda treks through government registered local Nepal trekking company recomended by Lonely planet Nepal travel guide book for the secured journeys in Himalaya.
Himalaya journey Treks & Expedition’s trekking guide will take to you a place as your desire while you make one day excursion in Kyanjin Gompa. From Syabru the trail leads to the holy lakes for Hindus, Gosainkund (4,380m), where pilgrims congregate on specific days of the year wash off their sins. There are altogether five Kundas (lakes) among which Gosainkund is the biggest and the holiest. The trek down from the holy lake passes through Laurebina La/Gosainkund pass (4,610m) and descends drastically through the forestland of Helumbu valley to Sundarijal. if you prefer langtang gosainkund & Helambu valley trekking will be possible if you wish to visit the Opposite of the Kutumsang and sundari jal.
Langtang Gosaikunda trek Major highlights
* Langtang Gosaikunda trek is most popular trekking destination in Langtang region with best Himalayan views of Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Gauri Shanker, Annapurna Himalayan range.
* Langtang Gosaikunda trekking explore world's most beautiful Langtang valley & Holy Gosaikunda lake.
* Nepal Langtang Gosainkunda hiking through Langtang National park with visible of wildlife adventure in Nepal.
* Exploration of Langtang Tamang heritage trekking trails, Yak chesse factory and beutiful Helambu valley.
Fixed Departure Dates
January 2023 : 5th, 8th ,11th, 14th , 16th , 24th ,28th
February 2023 : 2nd ,4th,7th, 10th, 14th, 18th, 24th
March 2023: 1st, 5th, 8th, 12th, 14th, 18th, 22nd , 24th, 26th, 29th
April 2023: 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 18th, 21st, 25th ,27th, 29th
May 2023: 1st, 5th ,7th,10th, 14th,18th, 20th, 23rd, 27th
June 2023: 2nd 4th ,8th,11th, 13th,19th, 20th, 23rd, 27th
Langtang gosaikunda trek itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1334m, transfer to hotel and Nepal langtang gosainkunda trek briefing with officially arrangements . overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: After breakfast ,Katmandu drive to Shyabru bensi (1420 m). Drive approximately 7-8 hours
Day 03: Shyabru bensi trek to Lama Hotel (2804 m). walk approximately 6 hours
Day 04: Lama hotel trek to Langtang Valley (3500 m).walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 05: Langtang valley trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3800 m). walk approximately 2-3 hours
Day 06: Acclimatization and explore day. During this day you can hike up to Kyanjin ri or Tseku ri for superb Himalayan scenery of Langtang lirung 7245m, Ganesh Himal 7406m, Naya khanga 5846m , Dorje lakpa 6988m, Gauri shanker 7145m, Gangchenpo 6387 m, yala paek 5500m or hike to Langtang Lirung base camp. overnight at Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 07: Kajin Gompa trek to Ghora Tabela (2700m) walk approximately 6 hours
Day 08: Ghora Tabela trek to Shyabru gaun2235m. walk approximately 6 hours
Day 09: Shyabru gaun trek to Singh Gompa/Chandan bari 3584m. walk approximately 5 hours
Day 10: Singh Gompa/ Chandanbari trek to Gosainkund lake 4380m. walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 11: Gosainkund via Gosainkund pass/Lauribinaya pass (4610m) to Gopte ( 1980m) walk approximately 6 hours
Day 12: Gopte trek to Tharepati (2300m) walk approximately 3hours
Day 13: Tharepati trek to Kutumsagu(1950m) walk approximately 4-5 hours
Day 14: Kutumsagu trek to Chisapani (2174m) walk approximately 5hours
Day 15: Chisapani to Sundarijal (1667m) walk approximately 3-4 hours then by private vehicle drive to kathmandu. drive approximately 1 hours
Day 16: After breakfast , our tour guide will take to you sightseeing such as :Boudhhanath: visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple , Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley etc. transfer to hotel and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant . Overnight at Kathmandu .
Day 17: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Langtang Gosainkunda trek Cost: USD 1195 Per person
[[email protected]], [email protected]
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Syabru Besi overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder trekking Guide.
- Trekking porter /sherpa who will carry your bag pack during the trekking.(two person will get one trekking sherpa/ porter)
- Trekking accomodation in Tea house / Lodge as mentioned in itinerary
- Three time meal during the trekking Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Desert /fruit after having diner as company provide
- Trekker's Information Management system (TIMS)
- Langtang National park trekking permit
- Melamchi pul bazaar to Kathmandu overland transportation by bus as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with tour guide as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu city tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Trekking guide, and porters)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.Government Tax and office service charge.
- Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu stay
- International flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Langtang gosaikunda Trek Equipments
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Trekking Hat, cat
- Trekking woollen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock .
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of Trekking shirts .
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Langtang gosainkunda trek is one of the popular trekking destination in Langtang region. park is Nepal’s first National park was designated in 1971. Langtang gosainkunda trekking offers the opportunity to explore Tamang villages, panoramic Himalayan views of the Langtang lirung 7245m, Ganesh Himal 7406m, Naya khanga 5846m , Dorje lakpa 6988m, Gauri shanker 7145m, Gangchenpo 6387 m, yala paek 5500m and to see glaciers at a comfortably low elevation.