Mt. Manaslu expedition
Mt. Manaslu expedition is one popular expedition in Manaslu region. Manaslu expedition offer beautiful Himalayan views of Mt. Manaslu 8163m, Mt. Dhaualgiri 8167m, Mt. Annapurna 8091m & other 18 mountains peaks, beautiful landscape, lush valley with mixed culture. Mt. Manaslu 8,163m (26,781ft) Located 28.32.58 longitude and 83.33.43 latitude Mt.Manaslu is situated in the central region of Nepal in the Gorkha massif is the eighth highest mountain in the world. The name Mount Manaslu was derived from the Sanskrit word "Maanas" meaning "soul" or "intellect". Japanese were the first to climb Mount Manslu expedition in 1956, therefore it is still considered as Japanese peak by many people. Though there are many routes to Mt. Manslu mountaineering, as the long ridge Manaslu base camp and valley glacier offer feasibility to approach from different directions, but South Face is considered to be the most difficult.
Mount Manaslu expedition begins from Arughat Bazaar ( Gorkha) after 6-7 hours drive from Kathmandu. Himalaya Journey Treks & expedition's climbing guide will take to you through beautiful valley Machhakhola, sotikhola, Namrung, sama gaun and finally reach at Manaslu base camp. Our expedition guide make short training before ascend to Mt. Manaslu. Autumn & spring season is best time for Manaslu climbing but we Himalaya Journey Trekking arrange as per mountaineers wish and holiday schedule. Good physical fitness and climbing skill required for Manaslu mountaineering . Minimum 8 weeks holidays required for Manaslu expedition.Since Mount Manaslu expedition has been open numerous mountaineers successfully attempt thorough our organization .
Mt. Manaslu expedition itinerary:
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu, transfer to hotel. Mt. Manaslu expedition briefing with officially arrangements .overnight Kathmandu
Day 02: After breakfast, excursion around Kathmandu valley, our representative will procedure for Mount Manaslu expedition permit and preparation for Mt. Manalsu. overnight at Kathamndu.
Day 03: After breakfast, prepare for Manaslu expedition. Overnight at Kathmandu
Day 04: Drive to Gorkha and arrange porters. Overnight in lodge..
Day 05: Khanchok. Overnight in lodge.
Day 06: Khursani Bari. Overnight in lodge.
Day 07: Macha Khola Overnight in camp.
Day 08: Jagat. Overnight in camp.
Day 09: Nyak. Overnight in camp.
Day 10: Prok. Overnight in camp.
Day 11: Namru. Overnight in camp.
Day 12: Lho. Overnight in camp.
Day 13: Sama Gaon. Overnight in camp.
Day 14: Manaslu base camp.
Day 15-48: Climbing period.
Day 49: Cleaning up base camp.
Day 50: Sama Gaon. Overnight in camp.
Day 51: Nyak. Overnight in Camp.
Day 52: Jagat. Overnight in camp.
Day 53: Machakhola. Overnight in camp.
Day 54: Arket. Overnight in lodge.
Day 55: Gorkha. Overnight in lodge.
Day 56: Drive back to Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel.
Day 57: After breakfast, HJT tour guide will take to you historical monuments sightseeing around Kathmandu valley such as Boudhhanath : visit Bodhnath Stupa, one of the biggest Buddhist shrines in the world, where we observe Buddhist monks in prayer in the monasteries surrounding the stupa than visit Pashupatinath: the most famous Hindu temple in the country, located on the banks of the holy Bagmati River. Here you see Hindu holy men (sadhus) meditating, pilgrims bathing and occasionally funeral pyres burning on the ghats. Kathmandu durbar square: you will enjoy with different Hindus Temple, Goddes Kumari, legend of kathmadu valley and in the evening farewell dinner in Nepalese restaurant. Overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 58: After breakfast, Relaxing/shopping with own activities , Himalaya Journey Treks & Expedition's representative will drop to Kathmandu international airport for onward journeys or if you have time to stay in Nepal will arrange any other trip such as Chitwan Junlge safari tour, Lumbini tour, Chitwan jungle safari tour , river rafting etc.
Trip Cost: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All land transportation by Car, Van, Hiace or, tourist Bus (Airport/Hotel/Airport, expedition pick up & drop).
- 6 Nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu at 3 star Hotel on Bed & Breakfast plan (before and after the expedition)
- Kathmandu pokhara Jomsom schedule flight & overland transportation for member, Liaison officer & Expedition staffs.
- Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp & back.
- Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp & back.
- All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table, chairs & cooking utensils for BC.
- Base Camp single sleeping tent & Mattress for each member, BC staffs & Liaison officer.
- Food and fuel at Base Camp.
- Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp.
- Service of Government Liaison officer.
- 4 Oxygen bottles per member with mask and regulator for expedition use (Poisk Oxygen System).
- 2 Oxygen for climbing Sherpa.
- Equipments allowance, wages of cook, kitchen boy and Liaison officer.
- Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison officer and porters.
- Mt. Manaslu expedition permit
- Mt. Manaslu expedition route permit fee
- Manaslu conservation area project (MCAP permit)
- Annaurna conservation area project fee ( ACAP Permit)
- 1 high altitude Sherpa per climber to carry all food & gear to higher camps. Also assist the member during climb & summit attempt.
- Common climbing equipment such as ropes, ice screws, ice bar, pitons, etc.
- High altitude food.
- High altitude fuel.
- High altitude tents.
- Per Person 60 KG. Expedition equipment's luggage or, barrels allowed for expedition till Base Camp.
- Per Person 40 KG. Expedition equipment's luggage or, barrels is allowed for returned to Kathmandu.
- 2 Expedition duffel bag or, Barrel for each member.
- Generator or, Solar panel at Base Camp for light and charging.
- Sat Phone available at Base Camp, but nominal charge for use.
- Emergency medical oxygen at Base Camp.
- Visa extension fee.
- Agency service charge.
- kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathamndu valley sightseeing tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu International airport drop
- International airfare from/to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Hotel after 6 night stay in Kathmandu.
- Hotel after 5 night stay in Kathmandu
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above Base Camp.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges, etc. for SAT phone, Walkie-Talkies, Communication equipment & commercial filming.
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage.
- Applicable permit fees and customs charges and commercial filming.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
- Tips and bonuses.
- Garbage deposit fee.
Summit Bonus: Camp 8300m. = USD 1000 & over 8300m. to summit= USD 500 = 1500 USD extra payable for climbing Sherpa on the spot.
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.
Mt. Manaslu expedition is difficult and most challenging expedition in Nepal Himalaya lies on western part of Nepal.